renegadefolkhero: (Default)
[personal profile] renegadefolkhero

I'm in final edits on The Book, which is the debut of my new pen name. It's a larger genre with a broader audience. There's some advice that editing doesn't matter, as edits can be time intensive and supposedly many readers don't notice or care. It's an ROI thing. I get why people say that, but if readers have criticism I don't want "sloppily written" and "typos" to be part of it.

I need to shave off at least 5k more, so I'm going through the very long list of stupid shit I do before I start in on bigger cuts. "Was going to" is by far the darkest of my sins, but rest assured, I have many.

See / saw Hear / heard Think / thought Touch / touched Wonder / wondered Seem / seemed Decide / decided Know / knew Feel / felt Look / looked Notice / noticed Realize / realized Watch / watched Sound Can / could To be able to Note / noted experience / experienced remember / remembered just was going to like said profanity check with a laugh starting make was getting

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-19 06:22 pm (UTC)
dorchadas: (Maedhros A King Is He (No Text))
From: [personal profile] dorchadas
There's some advice that editing doesn't matter, as edits can be time intensive and supposedly many readers don't notice or care

If this is The Standard Advice it explains a lot.

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Page Summary